How to Download a template for data import in Dynamics 365 CE
Here is the quick tip on how to download a template for data import in Dynamics 365 CE.
Some of the customers will be storing the data in spreadsheets, databases, or other systems. They need to import the data into Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement so they can keep track of all your customer information in one place.
They can use the templates for importing many types of records, such as accounts, leads, or cases records into Dynamics 365 CE. There is a complete list in the Templates for Data Import wizard.
- Make sure you have the System Administrator security role or equivalent permissions.
- Go to Settings > Data Management.
- Choose Templates for Data Import.
- In the Templates for Data Import dialog box, it will list all the entities in the Dynamics 365 CE choose the record type(entity) that you want to download the template for, and then select Download.
- Select the entity and click on Download. It will download the template in your machine. In this template customers can fill the data and import the data into the Dynamics 365 CE using Data import Wizard.
I hope this blog post helps you. If you are interested to know more on this topic then, I encourage you to check out my blog on this.