Circulate information quickly to a wide set of users at one go by using Announcements in model-driven apps in Dynamics 365, such as Dynamics 365 Sales and Customer Service. Announcements can also serve as message boards, where you can post topics of your interest that you wish to share.
These settings can be found in the Power Platform admin center by going to Environments > [select an environment] > Settings > Data management > Announcements.
Make sure you have the System Administrator or System Customizer security role or equivalent permissions to update the setting.
Create an announcement
- Select an environment and go to Settings > Data management > Announcements.
- On the command bar, select New.
- Fill in the information, as required.
- Title (required) – Type a title for the announcement that clearly and unambiguously states the purpose and nature of the announcement.
- Body (required) – Type the text for the announcement that you want to broadcast.
- More Information URL (optional) – Type the address of the website that provides detailed information about the announcement.
- Expiration Date (optional) – Type the date on which you want to stop the broadcast and the announcement should expire.
|Note You cannot edit/extend this date after expiry. Model-driven apps in Dynamics 365 deletes the announcement after the expiration date.|
Once you are done, choose Save or Save and Close to begin the broadcast.
Broadcast an announcement
Make the announcements available to other users in your organization by using web resources and dashboards.
Create a web resource
- In a text editor, type the following code, and save the file as “announcementsondashboard.htm”.
- Go to Settings > Customizations > Customize the System.
- Under Components, select Web Resources > New.
- Type the name as “announcements” and display name as “Announcements”.
- In the Type drop-down list, select Web Page (HTML).
- In the Upload File box, choose Browse and select the “announcementsondashboard.htm” file that you created earlier.
- Select Save.
- Add this new web resource to any existing or new dashboard. I have added this to Customer Service Representative Dashboard, and you can see that in the below image.