In this blog, we will see how we can upload the video attachments into D365 using the Video Attachment Control – PCF Control.
The VideoAttachmentControl is used to upload any kind of video file which is of mp4 format as of now. It also lets you have a live preview of the video file uploaded and the files are stored in D365 as notes (Annotation).
Scenario – Once the field technician completes his work in the field, he can capture and upload the completed work as video. Without visiting the site inspector can play the video and review it.
Here is the reference link for the solution files and the source code.
How to configure:
- Import the solution “Solution_managed.zip” into your D365 instance.
- If you wanted to add “Video Uploader” to Case, open the Case entity’s, Main form in edit mode.
- Create a new field or choose any field which is of type Single Line of Text. For demo, I have created a new field called, description and I will be using this field.
- Open the field and click on the “Controls” link.
. Click on “Add Control”, select “Video Uploader”.
6. Check Web, Phone and Tablet radio buttons to get it loaded in all the three devices.
Once the above step is done then you can save and publish the case form. Now, you will be able to see the Video attachment control in your case form as below:
I hope this helps. If you have any challenges in adding “Video Uploader” then please feel free to reach me out to me I am also always happy to assist you on your queries.
If you are interested in this topic and would like to do some further self-study I encourage you to check out my blog on this.